Time for another unboxing. My Once Upon a Book Club Advent Box has arrived!
I enjoyed the Halloween book box that I opened a few months ago from Once Upon a Book Club and decided to buy another. Since I can’t afford the monthly subscriptions, so these limited edition boxes are great. I preordered the advent box from Once Upon a Book Club back in October for $89.99 plus shipping for a total of $102.
I’ve been waiting weeks for this box to arrive due to shipping delays, and now that it is finally here, I had to dig in immediately.
The theme for the advent box is The 12 Days of Book-Club-Mas. Instead of opening gifts based on one novel, the advent box includes an exclusive book filled with 12 short stories.
Each gift goes with a story. I love the concept of this. There are highlight sections in each story, so you know when you can open a gift. I was impatient and didn’t read the stories as I went, but I fully intend to go back through.
After initially opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised with the wrapping. Each item was in a cute bag or container. You can tell that this company takes time to make their boxes memorable.
Check out the video below to watch my advent box unboxing and let me know what your favorite item was.
What Came in the Box
- 12 Days of Book-Club-Mas book
- Day One – Hardcover Book (Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik), Notebook, & Bookmark
- Day Two – Winter Hat lined with faux fur
- Day Three – Pillow Cover that says, “Shhh, I’m Reading”
- Day Four – Hardcover Book (The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain)
- Day Five – Jade Roller
- Day Six – Tote Bag with wheels
- Day Seven – Paperback Book (Little Big Love by Katy Regan)
- Day Eight – Little Women Coaster
- Day Nine – Steering Wheel Cover
- Day Ten – Paperback Book (The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes)
- Day Eleven – Moon Ring & Folding Camping Chair
- Day Twelve – Alice in Wonderland Blanket
As with any subscription box, there were some items I didn’t like, such as the ring and camping chair. The ring was of low quality, which was disappointing because the design was fantastic. I also don’t trust the stability of the tiny camping chair. But that is more of a me problem.
I loved the winter hat. It is going to get so much use. The blanket was fun and will be a great addition to my reading chair. I’m also interested in using the jade roller, having never done so.
Overall, I enjoyed what they included in this box. There was an excellent array of goods, and I always enjoy receiving new books. The quality of the items was decent, and I do feel that I got my money worth.
Check out Once Upon a Book Club for yourself!