Time for another unboxing. My Once Upon a Book Club Advent Box has arrived!
I enjoyed the Halloween book box that I opened a few months ago from Once Upon a Book Club and decided to buy another. Since I can’t afford the monthly subscriptions, so these limited edition boxes are great. I preordered the advent box from Once Upon a Book Club back in October for $89.99 plus shipping for a total of $102.
I’ve been waiting weeks for this box to arrive due to shipping delays, and now that it is finally here, I had to dig in immediately.
The theme for the advent box is The 12 Days of Book-Club-Mas. Instead of opening gifts based on one novel, the advent box includes an exclusive book filled with 12 short stories.
Each gift goes with a story. I love the concept of this. There are highlight sections in each story, so you know when you can open a gift. I was impatient and didn’t read the stories as I went, but I fully intend to go back through.
After initially opening the box, I was pleasantly surprised with the wrapping. Each item was in a cute bag or container. You can tell that this company takes time to make their boxes memorable.
What Came in the Box
- 12 Days of Book-Club-Mas book
- Day One – Hardcover Book (Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik), Notebook, & Bookmark
- Day Two – Winter Hat lined with faux fur
- Day Three – Pillow Cover that says, “Shhh, I’m Reading”
- Day Four – Hardcover Book (The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain)
- Day Five – Jade Roller
- Day Six – Tote Bag with wheels
- Day Seven – Paperback Book (Little Big Love by Katy Regan)
- Day Eight – Little Women Coaster
- Day Nine – Steering Wheel Cover
- Day Ten – Paperback Book (The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes)
- Day Eleven – Moon Ring & Folding Camping Chair
- Day Twelve – Alice in Wonderland Blanket
As with any subscription box, there were some items I didn’t like, such as the ring and camping chair. The ring was of low quality, which was disappointing because the design was fantastic. I also don’t trust the stability of the tiny camping chair. But that is more of a me problem.
I loved the winter hat. It is going to get so much use. The blanket was fun and will be a great addition to my reading chair. I’m also interested in using the jade roller, having never done so.
Overall, I enjoyed what they included in this box. There was an excellent array of goods, and I always enjoy receiving new books. The quality of the items was decent, and I do feel that I got my money worth.
Check out Once Upon a Book Club for yourself!